Saturday, January 20, 2018

Grandparent's Weekly Vol. 2

There has been the usual shenanigans around here, all while we've had a very busy week.

It's so much more fun to eat raspberries off of your fingers


The weather has been incredibly cold (for us), but our usual activities involve being outside. So we decided to go to another museum last weekend, the Children's Museum of Atlanta.

Lucy fishing

Matthan popping up in the "fishing lake"

While bringing in some groceries, there was a bag that Lucy couldn't lift, so Matthan helped her carry it. And then they were excited about "teamwork"...which lasted all of 5 minutes and was adorable while it lasted.

Emptying the trash using teamwork

We had more snow! I hate that snow is such an inconvenience for everyone because we love it. However, the snow was so powdery that we couldn't form snowballs. The weather was also so cold that it took me roughly 20 minutes to dress Lucy and 5 minutes for her to start crying to come in.

All bundled up


So Lucy and I came inside, snuggled and watched "Cwifford" (Clifford).


I FINALLY took down the Christmas tree, and they were bummed, so I made a "snuggling couch" where the tree had been and they played on it all morning, reading to each other and watching movie and getting along...and then fought all the next day.

Missing the tree, but loving the snuggle couch

And because Tim and I know how to party on a Friday night, we cleared our living room and dining room of all furniture/toys/junk and cleaned our carpets and couches. I'm torn between "my house has never been so clean, everyone should come over and see it" and "my house is so clean, no one come over and mess it up".

Proof that my house was clean...for 10 minutes

We're trying to get our house ready in case we need to put it on the market. Some of you know that we put an offer on a house this week. We offered, they countered, we countered...and that's all the info I have for you. :/ Pretend that I'm not staring at my phone willing it to ring with good news, ok? Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment