Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day weekend! Tim and I headed down to Savannah to celebrate Memorial Day, 2 wedding anniversaries, my birthday, and our nephew Joey's birthday (which is actually in June, but nobody's counting).


The Birthday Boy


Mr. Joey-bag-of-doughnuts (Mr. Bags) got lots of wonderful gifts including the musket he is holding proudly in the picture. We took him outside to have him practice shooting...just kidding...have you seen the size of the musket compared to the kid? Oh, that, and he doesn't have fine motor skills yet.
Prior to this weekend, my sister-in-law Penny, charged me with the task of coming up with a cake idea for Mr. Bags. It had to be doughnut themed. We came up with several ideas but nothing seemed to strike our fancy. After a brainstorming session with my coworkers, several hours of work (during which Ava watched me the whole time), one low blood sugar melt down, and lots of frosting, this was the result...


Bag-of-Doughnuts Krispy Kreme cake for Mr. Joey-Bag-of-Doughnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment