Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Tim helped me venture out of the house for a couple hours today for some family pics at the nearby pumpkin patch.  Last weekend was quite eventful for us.  After a few weeks of a plugged milk duct getting bigger, trying to solve it with time consuming home remedies, ultra sound therapy, antibiotics, and enduring weeks of pain and mastitis, I had to go in for ultrasound imaging and mammography.  I was admitted to the hospital that night and had surgery that Saturday morning to remove, in the words of the surgeon, "an abscess the size of a grapefruit".  I've been recuperating (read as "sleep induced by heavy pain killers") all week while Tim has been playing Mr. Mom and working from home.  Did I ever tell you how amazing my husband is?  So, I was excited to get out of the house, for a couple hours, and then I went back to bed completely exhausted afterwards.


Amy, Tim, and Matthan (almost 2 months)





bee

The Matthan Face


Matthan and Daddy




We decided to prop Matthan up on the ground leaning against a pumpkin.  I was standing right next to him knowing he could topple....



Matthan preemptively flicking us off - I think he knew what was about to happen

But he was just too fast and toppled over before I could catch him...right as a hay wagon with about 35 people pulled up to witness the new parent blunder.  You could hear the collective "gasp" from the onlookers.  Parent Award of the Year goes to.......not us.




On the tractor

Tim's clearly the better photographer of the two of us.


Matthan and Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment