Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas ~ Round 1

Merry Christmas everyone!!! We hope and pray that this time of year you and yours are well and blessed.  We stopped in Savannah for round one of Christmas happenings.  



They have a tradition in Savannah, where sometime the week before Christmas, Santa Clause comes around on a fire truck, announced by a obnoxious very loud speaker and blaring the sirens, to throw candy to the children.  This was the first time that I got to experience this tradition, and considering my child was already in bed when the sirens and speakers came blaring, the experience left me feeling a little bit like Scrooge.  Luckily, Little Man slept through it (I have no idea how), God bless that child.



Getting candy from Santa

Christmas Eve always includes meatless dishes like spaghetti with nut sauce and eggplant parmesan.  Christmas included a wonderful turkey (because my mother in law loves me) and Grandpa Peter's pecan pie.

Off to Christmas Eve mass

Ava (6), Joey (2), Grandma Mary, Matthan (4mos), Sophia (4)


Can you find the cutest gift?  :)


Christmas morning




Joey, Grandpa Peter, and Sophia


I am Batman!


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment