Thursday, November 7, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} - Pictures From A Real Camera

I know I've been a little quiet over here in our corner of the internet, but between technical difficulties and a very busy week, I just haven't been able to keep up.  And since my growing boy likes to eat multiple times a day, the posting had to take a backseat.  But I'm back!  At least for today... no promises... still recovering from the last week... as in, I need to go to the grocery store... but I'm setting that aside for my adoring blog fans (all five of you).  Check in tomorrow for the few pictures that I managed to snap over the last week....if I get to it.  But, I told you that I was attempting to learn how to use our camera and to venture out from the world of taking pictures with my phone, so here are some of the promised pictures.  


{pretty}


There is a cold chill in the air here that's bringing the promise of apple cider, blankets, sweaters, and my favorite liturgical season (can anyone guess which one?  Anyone?).  I love the fall colors, but I do start to miss the pretty plants that are all dying away.  The Hubs brought me this yesterday.  It is supposed to continue blooming through the winter (you know, if I don't kill it).  

A gift from The Hubs

This was another gift from The Hubs from several months ago.  It was all dead and gone, but the surge of rain we had revived it and it just perked back up.  Please ignore the overgrowth and weeds around it... again... we know I do not have the gardening skill....yet.





{happy}


I think that I have finally decided that fall is my favorite season.  I've always wanted to decorate for fall, and so I finally bought a few little things at a farm we were visiting.  I played with the spots of sunlight coming in the window. 


Fall decorations

I suppose that this picture doesn't need an explanation as to why it is under the "happy" category.  I love our wedding cake topper and purchased it with the intent of using it as a decoration.  It has survived every move, and the moment that I put it up in our new place, that place immediately feels like home.  Unfortunately, I got "delete-happy" and accidentally deleted the really good shot that was in focus with good lighting, so here's what was left.




Matthan's enthusiasm for books has not wained.  A coworker gave a whole bag of books and puzzles to Tim for Matthan.  I didn't even give them to Matthan, he just dragged them out of the bag himself and I found him like this.  :)


My little reader

Fall is definitely upon us and our yard is covered in leaves.  The nest (bottom left) is a mourning dove nest, I'm pretty sure, but it is currently abandoned.  I really hope they come back.





{funny}


My boy is eating the equivalent of grown-up sized meals and is back to sleeping twice a day.  I think somebody is growing.  





{real}


Ah...weeds...and lack of TLC for the garden beds.  One day this will become a priority... one day... but not today.




More evidence of my sad gardening skills.  I've heard you're supposed to water your plants... I think that I need to take this to heart.




With our busy schedule and overall lack of time to just keep up with the every day duties, the painting that I had been working on has fallen down on the priority list.  At this rate, it may not be finished until after the new year, but I'll get back to it eventually.  




Until then, I'm content with the dishes in the sink, the laundry building up, and the weeds that taunt me, because I've got a Little Man and a Big Man who care little about my homemaking inadequacies but care a lot that I shower them with hugs and smiles.  I'm a lucky woman.  

Hope you liked my amateur attempts at photography with a real camera!


Check out more contentment at Like Mother, Like Daughter by clicking on the button below!

round button chicken

2 comments:

  1. I always forget about violets for indoor in the winter. I would like to see if I can keep one alive. Also, your cake topper is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope I can keep my violet alive. I don't have a good track record. And thank you, I love my cake topper! :)

      Delete