Saturday, May 17, 2014

It's All Greek To Me

This weekend has been full of fun and smiles.  Please excuse the picture dumping.  Warning: cuteness overload in 3...2...1...

Bubble bath with a side of bubbles

Outdoor snuggles

Big boxes are the best toys - chilling with his ukulele 

Godfather Austin had unloaded some lemons on us this past week, so when life gives you lemons, you make Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry sauce, of course.  I used this recipe that I had found on Pinterest (I would add more sugar to the sauce next time).  


Pancakes well received

Fluffy pancakes

Blueberry sauce


Then Godfather Austin came over and we headed out to the Greek Festival.  We toured the beautiful church.  In the dome of most Greek Orthodox churches, there is a painting of the "Pantokrater" (roughly translate from Greek as "all-powerful"; and in this context refers to the painting of Christ).  For part of the tour we were seated almost directly under the dome.  Matthan was fascinated by the beauty and magnificence of the church and when he looked up, he pointed and said "Jesus!".  




After the tour we watched the dancing and then ate dinner.  Oh the food.  If you go for no other reason go for the food.  Best gyro I've ever had.  Then Austin and I bought shots of ouzo.  I did not actually know what ouzo was but I had seen it on "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and thought that it would be fun to try.  I'll save you the details of my experience and just say that I was not a fan.  I strongly dislike anything resembling black licorice and, unbeknownst to me, ouzo is an anise (black licorice tasting) flavored liqueur.  Oops.  Tim finished mine.
 



Matthan did great the whole day.  I couldn't believe he let us sit and watch the Greek dancing as long as he did.  Of course, that could have had something to do with the meal sized back of crackers that Daddy packed.  




After sitting for so long we let Matthan push the stroller the half mile back to the parking lot, patiently guided by Godfather Austin who received strange looks from oncoming pedestrians who couldn't see Matthan as they approached.  


And of course we round out the weekend with a Matthan selfie.  Sneaky boy got to my phone.

Smiles for a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment