Thursday, October 10, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} - A Birthday Interview

This week I am supporting my brother-in-law's efforts to make a difference in his community.  He is running a marathon (I know, incredible right?) in honor of the Joseph Sams School for children with special needs.  Go to the bottom of my Monday's Musings post to learn more and see how you can help.  Thank you in advance.  Now... onto  {PHFR}!



~ Capturing the context of contentment in every day life ~

Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter



~ Pretty ~



Happy Birthday to my most favoritist beautiful sister!!  In honor of her birthday, I decided to interview her.  I got the idea from the interview that she did with my niece, and I put together questions from that interview, the internet, and my brain.  I sent her an e-mail with these instructions.  

"Complete the interview below by answering off the cuff, the first things that pop into your head.  Do not over think the questions.  Send the interview back to me with a current picture of you."

Here's her picture.


Check out Sarah Akin Photography on Facebook


~ Happy ~



I probably wouldn't have admitted it when we were growing up, but I am very happy that she is my sister.  She is a talented and creative person who uses her gifts and talents to serve her family and those around her.  She is a woman of God, a wife, a mother, a music therapist, a budding professional photographer, an incredible musician, and someone who always makes me laugh.


Photo taken during my sophomore year of college?


~ Funny ~


Here are the answers to the 30 interview questions I sent her for her...25th birthday (wink).


1.  What is one thing that most people do not know about you?
I am capable of burping very loudly but often don't.

2.  Give me a brief description of the people that live in your house.
Well, there's the littlest one.  He's super adorable, incredibly smart for 2, plays the drums, and loves me.  Then there's the little one.  She is my favorite princess and lights up my life with her spunkiness.  Then there's the big one.  He's an amazing person.  I still love him after over a decade.

3.  If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
For some reason "Mo" popped in my head immediately, then I laughed because that is SO not what I would say.  Hmm.  When I was a kid I wanted to be named Felicity after the character in the American Girl books.

4.  What is your best birthday memory?
When I dressed up and went to the Cheesecake Factory with Davey for my 20th bday, I think.  Also when you, Dad, and Judy surprised me with tickets to the Newsboys concert...and we had to leave RIGHT THEN! That was fun.

5.  How do you describe your job to people?
I use music therapeutically to treat kids with special needs.  I use music in a group setting to address social needs, emotional skills, speech, physical goals, and more.

6.  Who are your best friends?
My hubs, my favorite sister, Christy (our cousin), and my sister-in-laws Whitney and Julie

7.  What is your favorite snack?
Chocolate chip cookies, veggie sticks (like veggie potato chips in stick form), pretzel chips with Nutella, Pirate's Booty, cheese and fruit.  I eat it all.

8.  Can you answer this question with another question?
Can you?

9.  What is your favorite outfit?
Comfy skinny jeans, a tank top and a light cardigan with matching jewelry.  And converse shoes.

10.  What are you reading right now?
"I am a Church Member"
 Bible 
about to start the last Harry Potter book 
my sister's blog.

11.  What do you want to be when you grow up?
What's "grow up"?

12.  What is the most played song on your iPod?
"Big God," clearly. (my nephew likes to play drums with it and constantly asks for it to be played)

13.  What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Scrubbing the shower.  
Cleaning the garage...oh that's right, I don't!

14.  If you could choose to use any form of transportation, what would it be and why?
Hover board - it looks fun and would solve traffic problems.  You know, just zoom over.  
Or a private chauffeur would be swell.

15.  What is a sound that drives you crazy?  What is a sound that makes you happy?
Anything that is very repetitive.  This could be a toddler asking me the same thing over. and. over. and. over. Or any noise after 8:00pm.  Those are quiet hours in my house.  (where's the answer to the second part of the question, Goober?)


The little one, the mommy one, the littlest one

16.  If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
A messy birthday for Lailey.  Sounds fun...and messy.

17.  What do you/would you do with 30 minutes of uninterrupted free time?
Read, sleep, or blog.  Or eat.

18.  If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Sail

19.  What's one thing that you did growing up that got you into trouble?
ONE thing?  Are you kidding?  Making Amy mad (but it was so EASY!!)

20.  If you could have dinner with anyone (limit to 10, live dead, fictional, real, etc) who would it be?
Mom, Jesus, Christy (since she just moved), Julie Andrews, Mother Theresa, Lottie Moon, 
Harry Potter/Hermione/Ron/Weasley twins, though this would be a different dinner for some reason.  It seemed odd to juxtapose them to the above people!

21.  What is one story that your family is always telling about you?
How precocious I was as a kid.

22.  What was your favorite food as a kid and do you like that food now?
Hmmmm, I don't know.  I loved fruit snacks and still do.  Always have loved fruit as well.

23.  If you could witness any event, past, present, or future, what would it be?
The Resurrection

24.  Do you prefer to talk in person, by phone, in emails, or by text?  Why?
Talk in person.  Though I don't mind the others.

25.  What effect does the color yellow have on you?
Apparently laughter, because I just laughed at this question.

26.  If you could have any superpower what would it be?
Ooooh, I'd want to fly.

27.  What is on your nightstand?
Well, it's really a bookshelf, so books, book light, phone charger, picture of Lailey.

28.  At 30, what is one thing you will try to do differently from 29?
I don't know!  Nothing I'll necessarily do differently, because I tried to reach several different goals this past year, but maybe continue on with those things like finish the Bible, go to Seattle with my family, continue homeschooling, etc.  Maybe exercise?  One can always hope right?

29.  If you could choose one dessert as your birthday dessert (you're not limited to birthday cake) what would it be?  Be specific.
Cheesecake!  Turtle cheesecake, cheesecake with strawberries or raspberries, whatever.  I love cheesecake.  Plain is good too.

30.  If you were to get amnesia and could only keep one memory, what would it be?  
Getting married to my best friend.



~ Real ~


Even though my sister does not live close enough (in my opinion), I'm thankful for the phone and other forms of technology that help keep us in touch.  I'm also thankful for the incredible sister that God blessed me with!




No comments:

Post a Comment