Friday, September 20, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol. 2): Scrambled Egg Question Answered

Happy Friday y'all!





Note:  if you're going to clean your glasses, before taking glasses off to clean them, make sure that the bottle of cleaner in your hand is, in fact, cleaner...

... and not hairspray!





My grandmother answered my incredibly pressing scrambled egg question.  She's so smart.  She said that scrambled eggs are not scrambled eggs unless you scramble them in the pan.  Not scrambling them in the pan produces an omelet.  My sister and my husband said this too, for the record.  Who knew I had such logical people in my life ;)



Inspired by The Library Project over at Like Mother, Like Daughter, I ordered The Three Little Pigs and The Three Bears for Matthan.  He loves books like "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You" with sing-songy text and bright pictures.  Do you have any books to recommend?  Let me know in the comments.







I discovered a hazard in making dinner and dessert at the same time.  I licked batter off of my finger and it tasted like garlic chocolate chip cookies.  Gross.





Cloth Diaper and Diaper Rash advice - skip to #6 if talking about these and poop ain't your thing


We have been dealing with the terrible ammonia smell that can sometimes come with cloth diapers.  I think we've fixed it now!  This post was helpful, so was another one, but I can't find it.  If I find it I'll post it.

On that note, here is one of the best pieces of mommy advice I've ever received, ever (you can thank my sister for passing this along to me)...


For diaper rash, place your kid in a cornstarch/baking soda bath.  The ratio of cornstarch:baking soda is 1:1 and the water should be opaque (or cloudy so you can't see the bottom of the tub).  For a normal sized bath tub, I use about 1/4 cup of each and run the water til it's waist high with my kid sitting (so a few inches of water).  I let Matthan soak for about 15 to 20 minutes.

This has worked, thus far, for any type of rash or blemish he's had on his tukus.

Matthan had a particularly nasty "burn" from an acidic teething poop, that left really bad marks like his skin had been rubbed off.  AWEFUL!  After two baths on consecutive days, it was already 98% better!

I also put coconut oil on him as a "diaper cream".

Bonus:  all this above is cloth diaper friendly :)





I made envelopes this week inspired by Pinterest (using instructions from here and here).  Why?



My templates

My new, pretty, homemade envelopes

Made a card to go with one of the envelopes

Inside detail of the card






I've created a "completed" board on Pinterest, mostly so I can find the ones I use a lot.  It makes me feel accomplished.  Like checking things off the To-Do list.   








For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

-Just to be clear, when I direct you to a site via one of my links, I'm not necessarily endorsing the whole site, but rather just referring you to the individual post in question (unless I state otherwise).-

No comments:

Post a Comment