Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Musings (vol. 2): A Quick One With Cuteness at the End

I'm having a "Monday" over here in my little corner of the world.  We stay-at-home-moms have them too.  So this will be a quick post since part of my "Monday-ness" is suddenly being unable to retrieve pictures off my phone.  Boo.


~ 1 ~


This quote from C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity has been rolling around my brain all week.

When you come to know God, the initiative lies on His side. If He does not show Himself, nothing you can do will enable you to find Him. And, in fact, He shows much more of Himself to some people than to others -- not because He has favourites, but because it is impossible for Him to show Himself to a man whose whole mind and character are in the wrong condition. Just as sunlight, though it has no favourites, cannot be reflected in a dusty mirror as clearly as in a clean one.

~ 2 ~ 


In case you're tired of shoddy news reporting, and like to know what Pope Francis actually said last week, instead of what some crack pot news reporter took out of context (again!, but really, who is surprised) here are links in this post that cover it better than I can at the moment.  The links start about half way through the post.


~ 3 ~

And, as promised, some cuteness for your day.  Ever since Matthan was a tiny baby, when I would lift him off the changing table, I would put his arms around my neck and say "mommy hug!"  This past week, without thinking, I said "Can I have a hug?", and he turned is head and leaned into my chest.  Heart. In. Puddle. On. The. Floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment