Thursday, September 19, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}...

... but not in that order.


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter



{Real}



There is a lot of real going on here this week so I'm going to start with that.  

I thought I was losing my mind...that's not much of a stretch on some days, but I digress.  My fridge and freezer smelled like pickles.  This just did not make sense to me because we did not have pickles in our fridge.  After a couple of days of justifying why the fridge smelled like pickles when we didn't have pickles, and promising myself to clean our fridge "really soon", I went to retrieve something from the bottom drawer.  And found...


Lake Pickle Juice

We did have pickles in the fridge!  The lid was not on tight and it had tipped over  :(

the culprit

Using almond milk to make mac'n'cheese produces a rather funky mac'n'cheese.  Now you don't have to do the research yourself.  It really should have been fine except our milk was vanilla flavored and not plain like I thought.  How to redeem it?  Just add parmesan.  It masks the funkiness nicely and redeems your late night snack.  Now you know.





Remember how I was complaining about my bedroom being the default place to drop junk?  Well, I have resolved not to make it our bedroom anymore.  This doesn't solve my junk problem, but it does make for a nicer place for me and the hubby.  The room above the garage is now the default.  This is simply the overflow of the closet up there, I spared you that picture.





{Pretty}



I made some envelopes this week.  Just for fun.





{Happy}



I ordered some things for Matthan that I'm really excited about.  Arriving soon will be a set of alphabet magnets, a new Baby Signing Tim video, and a couple books.  I can't wait.  (He can't either, he just doesn't know it).


{Funny}



I finally captured his frown.  He's such a ham. 



Tim texted me to let me know that he was going to be home late from work.  I texted him back this picture with the caption "Matthan says that is unacceptable".  Lol :)



Go check out more {Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} posts at Like Mother, Like Daughter

round button chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment